Thursday, June 21, 2007

BIP Portal Requisition

Dear Notkak Notshucksfishbreatheither

BiP needs a portal for admitting and explaining problems with braaing. I feel this should be an essential part of BIP. I also think it should be done around the fire, but hey, when there is no fire what does one do - tik dit uit. So here goes my admission of guilt on a family braai held here last night (no guests, just us).
  1. I announced a braai was in order in the morning but forgot to take the borewors out the freezer 
  2. on defrosting the boerwors at the last moment I managed to par cook it in the microwave so most of the fat came out of the wors and was in the punnet 
  3. a) I made a fire with my local spidergum kak wood, and when scraping coals out still found traces of the pizza cardboard that was used to start the fire;  b) i poured the defrosted fat in the punnet onto the fresh bed of coals thinking it might help to add flavour 
  4. a) upon braaing the borewors did not sizzle; b) the smoke from the side fire irritated everyone 
  5. the boerewors carried on par cooking 
  6. I declared that it must be ready by now and put the fire out and proceeded up to the table, dripping borewors fat all over everything 
  7. at the table while cutting/breaking boerewors for dishing onto plates I realised it was not properly cooked - a bit underdone inside and soft on outside 
  8. I continued to serve and eat the borewors in an underdone state 
  9. my BiPWaG said she thought it was nice 
  10. my daughter would not eat it 
  11. i ate my carefully selected parts 
  12. there is still some almost braaied borewors left in the fridge 
i welcome your comments and suggestions

Braaimeesterinpottytraining (with a whet appetite),
HQ3f 

No comments:

Post a Comment